We are proud to announce the launching of the Netshield Range of 19 Inch Data Cabinets!
It comes in different sizes, colours and derivatives, the different formats are defined by our client’s needs, likes and dislikes and is governed by IEC 60297 (Industrial Electro-technical Commission) standards.
Something technical about 19″ – skip this if these details are to much to digest!
The definition of a 19-inch rack is a standardized frame or enclosure for mounting multiple equipment modules. Each module has a front panel that is 19 inches (482.6 mm) wide, including edges or ears that protrude on each side which allow the module to be fastened to the rack frame with screws. A rack’s mounting fixture consists of two parallel metal strips (also referred to as “posts” or “panel mounts”) standing vertically. The posts are each 0.625 inches (15.88 mm) wide, and are separated by a gap of 17.75 inches (450.85 mm), giving an overall rack width of 19 inches (482.60 mm). The posts have holes in them at regular intervals, with both posts matching, so that each hole is part of a horizontal pair with a centre-to-centre distance of 18.312 inches (465.12 mm). The holes in the posts are arranged vertically in repeated sets of three, with centre-to-centre separations of 0.5 inches (12.70 mm), 0.625 inches (15.88 mm), 0.625 inches (15.88 mm). The holes’ pattern thus repeats every 1.75 inches (44.45 mm), the holes have square holes for cage nuts.
The Height of The Cabinet can vary in “U’s” ranging from 47U to 4U where each U = 44.45mm and a single piece of equipment can take up multiple “U’s” in the cabinet.
Netshield can supply the following;
1. IP54 Self-contained Cabinets can be ordered in assembled or knockdown options and is fitted with a glass front door and solid side and rear doors with brush and grand entry plates.
The Self-contained Cabinets are dust proof or protected (IP54) to the ingress of dust but not entirely prevented, dust will not enter in sufficient quantities as to interfere with the satisfactory operation of equipment and complete protection against contact and is also splash proof (IP54) to prevent water splashing against the enclosure from any direction from entering the cabinets and to ensure that no harmful effects shall transpire to the housed equipment. Qualification tests are done for 5 minutes with 10 liters of water per minute at a pressure of 80 to 100kPa from a distance of 3 meters.The Self-contained Cabinets are fitted with an air conditioner, environmental manager, power management (PDU’s included) and sensors as per client requirements. Standard options include multiple temperature sensors, humidity sensors, water detection sensors, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, wiegand based access control (Keypad, RFID, Biometric, ..) with electronically controlled locking systems and door sensors. These Self-contained cabinets are fitted with a 10/100BaseTX interface for management through the on-board SNMP engine and a GSM module for remote text configuration and SMS alerts.The self-contained cabinets are available in 600 x 1000mm – 47U, 42U and 25U and 600 x 800mm – 15U wall mountable options. Customised options are available!
2. Standard Equipment Cabinets are manufactured in two types, a floor standing and a wall mountable swing mount type;
• The floor standing type comes in various sizes,
• 600 x 600mm, 600 x 800mm, 600 x 1000mm and 600 x 1200mm in
12U, 16U, 20U, 25U, 34U, 38U, 42U and 47U
• 800 x 1000mm and 800 x 1200mm in
25U, 42U and 47U
• Glass or Perforated front door
• Solid side and rear doors
• 4 up-rights, glands, cabinet screws and 4 feet or casters
• Wall mountable and Swing frame wall mountable Cabinets,
Direct Wall mountable without swing Cabinets 450 x 600mm and 550 x 600mm in 4U, 6U, 9U, 12U, 15U and 20U with Glass or Perforated front door and 2 or 4 up-rights.
Swing Frame Wall Mountable cabinets 550 x600mm and 650 x 600mm in 4U, 6U, 9U, 12U, 15U and 20U with Glass or Perforated front door and 2 or 4 up-rights.
Solid side and rear doors
Glass or Perforated front door
2 uprights and Glands
3. IP55 Outdoor Self-contained Cabinets
The Self-contained outdoor Cabinets are dust proof or protected (IP55) to the ingress of dust but not entirely prevented, dust will not enter in sufficient quantities as to interfere with the satisfactory operation of equipment and complete protection against contact and water jet proof (IP55) to contain water projected by a 6.3mm nozzle against the enclosure from any direction from entering the cabinets and to ensure that no harmful effect shall transpire to the housed equipment. Qualification tests are done for 15 minutes with 12.5 litres of water per minute at a pressure of 30KPa from a distance of 3 meters. These enclosures are used at traffic lights, cellular installations, road side signage and solar power installations.
The Standard cabinets are;
• 600 x 600mm, 600 x 800mm and 600 x 1000mm in
• 20U, 25U, 34U, 38U, 42U and 47U sizes
Wall boxes are;
• 600 x 450mm and 600 x 650mm in
• 4U, 6U, 9U, 12U, 15U and 20U sizes
IP55 Electrical Outdoor Boxes
• Sizes H x W x D; 4 sizes to select from
950 x 700 x 270mm, 750 x 550 x 270mm, 650 x 450 x 270mm, 450 x 300 x 270mm
Cabinet accessories consists of elements used to tidy the cabinet inside and are coated in the same coloring as the cabinets;
• Three Shelve/Tray derivatives, Front Mount Drawers and keyboard tray ; Flat Shelve/Trays –• 350mm, 550mm and 750mm
• for 600, 800 and 1000mm deep cabinets
Front Mounting Shelve/Tray
• 250, 330 and 450mm front mount tray
Sliding Shelves and trays
• 600, 800 and 1000mm in depth.
19 inch Front mount drawer 350mm deep
• 2U, 3U and 4U
Adjustable keyboard and Mouse tray with lock
• Plinth – the insert between the cabinet and the floor that the cabinet stands on; three sizes – all 150mm height for 600 x 600mm, 600 x 800mm and 600 x 1000mm cabinets.
• Cable trays are mounted vertically on the inside sides of the cabinets and is used to tidy the cable routing. Two width 150 and 300mm are available for 12U, 16U, 20U, 25U, 34U, 38U, 42U and 47U cabinets
• Cabinet upright are available for the 12U, 16U, 20U, 25U, 34U, 38U, 42U and 47U cabinets and are sold as a pair. Additional uprights for the 12U, 15U and 20U wall mount cabinets are also available.
• Blank and Vented blanking panels are available in 1U, 2U, 3U and 4U sizes.
• Fan Units, various combination of fan units are available;
Wall boxes – single and dual fan units
Standard cabinet – dual and quad fan drop-in version
• Power Distribution Units, various version with standard 3 prong SA plug and IEC C13 and C19 combinations are available
• Other Accessories for the cabinets include:
1U brush Panel
1U Plastic Ring cable management
Cage Nut and Screw set in packets of 10
50 and 75mm heavy duty castor with and without brakes
Cat 5e and Cat 6 patch panels 24 and 48 port