We provide a full range of UPS units, right from entry level products to industrial heavy-duty devices, all of which are tailored to meet your business needs and your budget.
A Netshield UPS can either be on-line or line interactive:
- On-line = It supplies power the same way mains provide power and offers more in terms of quality and function ability (NRK and NKU Range)
- Line Interactive = Supply power from bypass through transformer and is a basic UPS for the SOHO environment (NLI Range)
In order to know which UPS to choose, the following information is required:
- VA requirements: The VA rating is the maximum number of Volts Amps it can deliver. In order to calculate what capacity is needed, one must add up all the wattages of all the equipment that one would like to keep running in times of a sudden power failure. These wattages are always indicated on the relevant products. This total wattage must then be multiplied with 0.6 in order to calculate the Voltage Ampere (VA) (Example: Server 650W, Switch 200W, Router 200W = 1050W x 0.6 + 30% to allow for VA used by the UPS itself to function = 819VA = 1KVA UPS will be sufficient)
- Back-up time required: How long the UPS will keep the specified equipment running if power failures occur. If extended time is needed which is more than the UPS can offer, external batteries and cabinets are available.
- 1. Netshield Line Interactive Range (Product code starts with NLI)
This range is only available in 600VA, 1400VA and 2000VA and is suitable for the SOHO (Small Office Home Office) environment. It is a table top unit that comes standard with internal batteries supplying back-up time between 2 to 8 minutes, depending on the load. There are no external batteries or cabinets available to extend back-up time. The unit also does not provide surge suppression or voltage regulation, but if surge protection is required the Netshield NLSP range can be offered as an optional extra.
- 2. Netshield Online Range (NRK Range and NKU Range)
The main difference between the NRK and NKU Range is that the NKU Range has an isolated transformer which makes it a superior quality UPS.
This range compares well to the quality of other brands in the market and is lower priced than the NKU range. It is suitable for environments where 1 phase electricity is used and is available in table top as well as rack mount options. If extra back-up time is needed, optional batteries and cabinets are available. It is available in 1-10KVA and some units have internal batteries where others have external batteries.
Table top Units
- If the Netshield product code ends with an “L” (e.g. NRK6000L) it stands for “Look for batteries” and you need to purchase external batteries and cabinets as per the attached spreadsheets as there are no batteries with this unit. If the product code is without any additions (e.g. NRK6000) it has internal batteries supplying a minimum back-up time that can be extended by quoting on additional batteries and cabinets as per the attached spreadsheet.
Rack mount Units
- If the product code ends with a “J” (e.g. NRK6000-J) it means it is a rack-mount unit with internal batteries where additional batteries and cabinets can be added if extended back-up time is required. The moment an “L” is added (e.g. NRK6000L-J) it once again mean that you need to “Look for Batteries” and purchase external batteries and cabinets as per the attached spreadsheets.
This range is of superior quality to some brands in the market as it works with an isolated transformer that makes it really suitable for critical applications such as in hospitals or other sensitive environments therefore it is more expensive than the NRK range. It is suitable for environments where 1 and 3 phase electricity is used and is available in table top units only. To determine back-up time, external batteries and cabinets are added as per the attached spreadsheet. It is available in 1-15KVA in the 1 phase range (NKU-RF11xxx) and 10 – 400KVA in the 3 phase range (NKU-RF33xxx).
CLICK ON LOGO FOR DISTRIBUTOR CONTACT DETAILS
Batteries and cabinets for extended time